In your own space, create a list of at least three fannish things you'd love to receive, something you've wanted but were afraid to ask for - a fannish wish-list of sorts. Leave a comment in this post saying you did it. Include a link to your wish-list if you feel comfortable doing so. Maybe someone will grant a wish. Check out other people's posts. Maybe you will grant a wish. If any wishes are granted, we'd love it if you link them to this post.
Oh man. Asking for things is not a strong suit of mine. In the slightest. But in the spirit of snowflakes and fandom and bravery and all that is shiny, here we go:
1) So I LOVE podfic. A whole lot. I am constantly listening to it, and will usually listen to my favorites upwards of ten times. Here are a few (relatively long) stories I keep coming back to again and again and again, which would be incredible to have in my ears:
- L for Lucky, M For Mine by deadpegasus
- Creepy Carnival by RubyTuesday5681
- Says the Magpie To The Morning (Sorrow Take Your Own Advice) by femmequixotic
- Tell Me I'm A Bad Man by LadySmutterella
- Or. Um. Any of my stuff, should anyone feel so inclined. *hides*
2) The Mikey Way/Grant Morrison hospital!AU where Mikey's an ER nurse, Frank's a punk ass paramedic who never knows when to shut up, Gee's a frustrated but well-meaning social worker and Ray is a chaplain or psychiatrist that just can't get a date. Enter a dashingly handsome new surgeon from Scotland who's easily 20 years older than Mikey, but somehow still makes Mikey's stomach swoop... until he realizes he's kind of an arrogant asshole. I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS IS A THING THAT I WANT. But I do and I can't stop thinking about it.
3) This is a rather abstract type wishlist item, but I keep wishing there was an interview series blog or a podcast that profiles fic writers/podficcers/artists/etc - and picks their brains about their inspirations, their creative process, what they want to express through their work, their takes on fandom, who else in fandom they are inspired by, a list of their three favorite fanworks, etc. Like the Voice and Verse podcast, but with fan creators instead of lyricists.
4) For you to come say hi on twitter, because you seem really cool and we should probably be friends. :) (only locked due to nosy relatives)